Re: int8 defined as text in MS Access?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: int8 defined as text in MS Access?
Date: 2002-05-17 07:20:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yes, this has been the subject of discussion a number of times in the
past. MS ADO (and other technologies) crash or get upset if the driver
returns SQL_BIGINT for an int8 from the ODBC 2.5 driver, because it
expects SQL_VARCHAR. With the (beta) ODBC 3.0 driver, you get an
SQL_BIGINT which should work fine.

Regards, Dave.