Re: pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts.
Date: 2017-09-28 12:21:37
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> If the buildfarm doesn't complain about the use of IPC::Run's timeout
> functionality, we should probably patch that into the other use of
> IPC::Run as well, but especially into the other user of the pump() until
> ... scheme.

jacana hasn't passed this regression test yet, but at least that proves
the timeout stuff works ;-)

I think jacana's problem is simply that "kill QUIT" is never gonna work
on Windows, there being no such animal there. It looks like "kill KILL"
doesn't work either, which surprises me slightly more but not much.