Re: BUG #5151: autovacuum process segfaults when max_fsm_pages are too low

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Boris Folgmann <boris(at)folgmann(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5151: autovacuum process segfaults when max_fsm_pages are too low
Date: 2009-11-18 17:04:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Boris Folgmann <boris(at)folgmann(dot)de> writes:
> Tom Lane schrieb/wrote:
>> Red Hat stopped supporting the RHEL-4 App Stack product awhile ago;
>> since CentOS is evidently copying that, you should not hold your
>> breath waiting for an update :-(. However, as far as I can see

> It seems that you are right, and I don't understand how they can stop
> releasing important updates as RHEL4 is still supported.

They EOL'd the App Stack product. I'm not too happy about it either,
but I don't get to make those decisions.

> Is 8.4.1 ready for production or is it advisable to wait for one or two
> updates?

8.4.1 is pretty stable AFAICT, though if you're feeling conservative
you might want to wait for 8.4.2 (next month sometime). In any case
you'd want to do some compatibility testing with your apps before
updating your production DB. Jumping from 8.1.x to 8.4.x is almost
certain to hit a change or two.