Re: Builing C libs for 7.3.4 on XP Professional

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Builing C libs for 7.3.4 on XP Professional
Date: 2003-12-05 07:08:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Paul,

[...]
>"nmake /f win32.mak" I get an error about not finding "pg_config_os.h". I
>find the file OK, it is linked to sys/win.h. If I remove the link and just
[...]

What kind of link? Please notice that (native) windows applications (here, nmake) do not understand some cygwin links (i.e. "pg_config.h -> /usr/src/postgresql-7.3.4/src/include/pg_config.h.win32"), especially those that involve cygwin mounts.

[...]
>copy win.h as pg_config_os.h this error goes away. But then, I get errors
>about "cygwin/version.h" missing . Is there a patch or some predessor step
>that I missed in order to get this built?
[...]

Actually reading win32.mak one finds out that there is a command line set:

" cd include
if not exist pg_config.h copy pg_config.h.win32 pg_config.h "

that should solve your problem. In fact, what win.h did you copy for pg_config.h?

SLao