Re: ERROR: error triggered for injection point gin-leave-leaf-split-incomplete

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: ERROR: error triggered for injection point gin-leave-leaf-split-incomplete
Date: 2024-03-14 02:28:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I noticed 3 regression test failures like $SUBJECT in cfbot runs for
> unrelated patches that probably shouldn't affect GIN, so I guess this
> is probably a problem in master.

Hmm ... I have no insight on what's causing this, but "error triggered
for" is about as content-free an error message as I've ever seen.
Even granting that it's developer-directed, it's still content-free:
we already know it's an error, and something must have triggered that,
but you're offering nothing about what. Can't we do better than that?