Access via odbc a postgrest

From: mjgacto(at)ugr(dot)es
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Access via odbc a postgrest
Date: 2004-06-07 11:27:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi.

I am new in using PostgreSQL. I install in a computer1 (with suse 9)
postgres 7.4, this work perfectly. In another computer2(with windows XP) I
try to access to the database of postgres (using
jdbc:postgresql://server:5432/database).
I don´t know if I have to install postgres in the computer2 o only I must
access via ODBC.
I try to install postgres using cygwin without success.
I try to download postgresql.jar and add this to the project option, but
this don´t work correctly, when I execute the next sentence
Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver); this sentence fails
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Maria Jose