Re: Patch: Improve Boolean Predicate JSON Path Docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch: Improve Boolean Predicate JSON Path Docs
Date: 2024-01-24 21:32:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"David E. Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com> writes:
> In any event, something to do with @@, perhaps to have some compatibility with `jsonb @> jsonb`? I don’t know why @@ was important to have.

Yeah, that's certainly under-explained. But it seems like I'm not
getting traction for the idea of changing the behavior, so let's
text and also cleaning up nearby shaky English, and ended with v8
attached. I'd be content to commit this if it looks good to you.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8-0001-Improve-boolean-predicate-JSON-Path-docs.patch text/x-diff 26.3 KB