Re: index with no column

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Didier Gasser-Morlay" <didiergm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: index with no column
Date: 2008-04-26 20:07:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Didier Gasser-Morlay" <didiergm(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I have setup an automated backup/restore between two machines, all is
> fine. Bar on thing: after restoring mu database, I had a message about
> several errors ignored (I did not keep a log of these errors), but I
> am seing on several tables, some indexes declared but pgadmin3 fails
> to show any columns. I had to manually drop the indexes and recreate
> them

This is really not enough information to guess what was wrong.
But I'm thinking what you saw was at least partly a pgadmin bug.
Postgres doesn't support zero-column indexes, so if pgadmin showed
them as being such, it was mistaken.

If you want to investigate more closely, please reproduce the problem
from scratch, and this time keep a log of what errors you got and what
statements they were in response to. Then compare what pgadmin
and psql \d have to say about it.