RE: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango

From: "Jon Brule" <brulej(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com>
To: "Daren R(dot) Sefcik" <daren(at)partnersdata(dot)com>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "Jon Brule" <brulej(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango
Date: 1999-09-28 16:31:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Does your database reside locally, or is it on a remote machine? By this, I
am trying to ensure that the Solaris ODBC driver will allow me to forward
queries to a secondary box that contains the actual Postgres database...

Also, does the act of compiling the ODBC driver require the full
installation of Postgres on the Solaris platform?

Jon Brule
Lead Developer - ADAS Plus Siteware
Nortel Networks / Audio Technologies
* Phone: (716) 224-7842 Internal: ESN 432-7842
* Fax: (716) 654-2611 Internal: ESN 432-2611
* brulej(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com <mailto:brulej(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com>