RE: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango

From: "Daren R(dot) Sefcik" <daren(at)partnersdata(dot)com>
To: "Daren R(dot) Sefcik" <daren(at)partnersdata(dot)com>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, "Jon Brule" <brulej(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "Jon Brule" <brulej(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango
Date: 1999-09-28 17:38:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 28 Sep 99, at 12:31, Jon Brule wrote:

> Does your database reside locally, or is it on a remote machine? By this, I
> am trying to ensure that the Solaris ODBC driver will allow me to forward
> queries to a secondary box that contains the actual Postgres database...

I have it it locally, but it should work connecting to another machine..that is
where you would need to ensure that it already works via psql would be my guess.

> Also, does the act of compiling the ODBC driver require the full
> installation of Postgres on the Solaris platform?

I did it from source after many tries and help from this list and Tom who gave
me the final pieces to help figure out what Solaris needed specifically to
compile and work...I have since tried from the now availble sources and it now
works "out of the box".

Daren