Re: pg_locks view and user locks

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_locks view and user locks
Date: 2004-09-13 20:39:49
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

> That's the whole problem. I don't think anyone objects to the user lock
> principle, but as long as it's GPL, we won't support it. It was
> probably a mistake to accept this module in the first place. I believe
> some people have been trying to get the module relicensed, but that
> evidently never happened.

I said some time ago that I would pester contrib authors about fixing
license issues, but it still hasn't gotten to the top of my to-do list :-(
AFAIK nothing at all has been done on this score.

If Merlin is hot about contrib/userlock right now, he's welcome to try
to contact the original author and get this dealt with.

The point about not importing documentation from a mislicensed contrib
module is valid IMHO.