Postgresql Upgrade 7.4 to 8.2

From: "Radhika Sambamurti" <radhika(at)88thstreet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql Upgrade 7.4 to 8.2
Date: 2007-01-24 14:35:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am soon going to be testing postgresql upgrades from our ancient 7.4
version to the latest 8.2.
Part of the reason (apart from the obvious) is that I want to implement
WAL logging for backup and recovery.

Some general questions I have are:
1. How is the backup and recovery using WAL logging in 8.2
Currently we use Slony for replication, but have no PITR / backup in
place, which makes me very nervous.

Any insights on upgrading will also help.

Thank you,
Radhika

--
It is all a matter of perspective. You choose your view by choosing where
to stand.