Re: Converting contrib SQL functions to new style

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Converting contrib SQL functions to new style
Date: 2021-09-01 17:27:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> On 14.04.21 00:26, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Attached are some draft patches to convert almost all of the
>> contrib modules' SQL functions to use SQL-standard function bodies.

> This first patch is still the patch of record in CF 2021-09, but from
> the subsequent discussion, it seems more work is being contemplated.

Yeah, it looks like we already did the unconditionally-safe part
(i.e. making initdb-created SQL functions use new style, cf 767982e36).

The rest of this is stuck pending investigation of the ideas about
making new-style function creation safer when the creation-time path
isn't secure, so I suppose we should mark it RWF rather than leaving
it in the queue. Will go do that.