Re: Getting server crash after running sqlsmith

From: tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting server crash after running sqlsmith
Date: 2017-05-23 05:46:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/29/2017 12:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hm ... I don't see a crash here, but I wonder whether you have parameters
> set that would cause this query to be run as a parallel query? Because
> pg_rotate_logfile() is marked as parallel-safe in pg_proc, which seems
> probably insane.
Well, I am able to see a crash . Enable "logging_collector=on" in
postgresql.conf file / restart the server and fire below sql query - 5
or 6 times

select
80 as c0,
pg_catalog.pg_backend_pid() as c1,
68 as c2,
subq_1.c0 as c3,
subq_1.c0 as c4
from
(select
ref_0.specific_schema as c0
from
information_schema.role_routine_grants as ref_0,
lateral (select
ref_0.grantor as c0,
50 as c1
from
information_schema.routines as ref_1
where (63 = 86)
or (pg_catalog.pg_advisory_lock(
cast(ref_1.result_cast_datetime_precision as
integer),
cast(pg_catalog.bttidcmp(
cast(null as tid),
cast(null as tid)) as integer)) is NULL)
limit 143) as subq_0
where pg_catalog.pg_rotate_logfile() is NULL) as subq_1
where 50 <> 45;

--
regards,tushar
EnterpriseDB https://www.enterprisedb.com/