Same query, same data different plan

From: Kostas Papadopoulos <kostas(at)methodosit(dot)com(dot)cy>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Same query, same data different plan
Date: 2022-10-10 12:56:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I have two identical databases running in the same instance of Postgresql. Ran
analyze on both. Running the same query I'm getting different plans, one x10 slower.
Although I have solved my problem by re-writing the query, I want to understand why
this is happening. If the configuration, Postgresql version, schema and data are the
same, what other factors is the planner considering?

--

Kostas Papadopoulos
KE MethodosIT