valgrind vs force_parallel_mode=regress

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: valgrind vs force_parallel_mode=regress
Date: 2020-05-16 13:58:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As I was resuscitating my buildfarm animal lousyjack, which runs tests
under valgrind, I neglected to turn off force_parallel=regress in the
configuration settings. The results were fairly disastrous. The runs
took about 4 times as long, and some steps failed. I'm not sure if this
is a known result, so I thought I'd memorialize it in case someone else
runs into the same issue. When I disabled this setting the animal turned
to being happy once more.

cheers

andrew

--