Re: updated SORT/LIMIT patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated SORT/LIMIT patch
Date: 2007-05-04 01:19:28
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Updated patch against cvs update in case it makes applying easier.

Applied with revisions --- notably, I avoided adding any overhead to
HEAPCOMPARE() by the expedient of reversing the logical sort order
before heapify'ing. We couldn't have done that before the NULLS_FIRST
patch went in, but now it's trivial to make the sort order reverse
fully.

Since you didn't include any documentation patch for the
optimize_bounded_sort GUC variable, I assumed it was meant only for
debugging and hid it behind #ifdef DEBUG_BOUNDED_SORT.