Re: Wierd Error on update

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Seeber <thomas(dot)seeber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wierd Error on update
Date: 2004-08-11 22:48:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thomas Seeber <thomas(dot)seeber(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I am running Postgres 7.3 on a intel Linux Redhat 7.3 base.

Original 7.3 release, or (I hope) 7.3.something?

> I am getting two errors which are a bit confounding.
> ERROR: pg_class_aclcheck:relation 474653086 not found

Are there any views involved? Is the statement invoking any functions?
How about triggers? Foreign keys? Rules?

Also, is it always the same number in the error, or does that change
from run to run?

The problem looks a bit like a corrupted rule or view, but I'm not
entirely sure how one would get involved in a simple UPDATE.