Re: [HACKERS] alter_table.sql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: prlw1(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] alter_table.sql
Date: 2000-03-07 19:29:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 12:01:29PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ah so. I think you mentioned before that you were seeing trouble with
>> VACUUM ANALYZE --- we need to find out what the problem is. What
>> platform are you on, and what are you seeing exactly?

> When I mentioned it Bruce said "works for me" => I assume it is netbsd
> specific => I should fix it! The symptom is, if I say
> vacuum analyze <tablename>, I get

> NOTICE: Vacuum: table not found
> VACUUM

> If I omit the tablename, vacuum analyze works.

Hmm. Since there have been examples of vacuum analyze <tablename> in
the numeric regress test since 6.5, I'd think we'd have heard about it
if there were any widespread problem ;-). Perhaps it is a platform
issue, but I suspect you will find there are additional constraints that
explain why no one but you is seeing it. Please do dig into it ... or,
if you do not have time, you could consider giving one of the other
developers a login on your machine and that person could check it out.