Busted(?) optimization in ATAddForeignKeyConstraint

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Busted(?) optimization in ATAddForeignKeyConstraint
Date: 2020-01-23 22:11:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I happened to notice this comment in the logic in
ATAddForeignKeyConstraint that tries to decide if it can skip
revalidating a foreign-key constraint after a DDL change:

* Since we require that all collations share the same notion of
* equality (which they do, because texteq reduces to bitwise
* equality), we don't compare collation here.

Hasn't this been broken by the introduction of nondeterministic
collations?