Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 : initdb fails with the time zone value WAT0 on HP-Unix platforms

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kathir Velu <kathir_kovai(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 : initdb fails with the time zone value WAT0 on HP-Unix platforms
Date: 2005-06-17 14:52:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Kathir Velu <kathir_kovai(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> PostgreSQL-8.0.3 doesnot work with time zone value WAT0 ( for West Africa Time ).

Hmm, is there someplace where that is actually used? The zic timezone
database says that WAT generally means GMT+1 not GMT.

> So possibly this could be the bug with the postgresql. Can you please provide a patch to fx this issue in PostgreSQL source ?

We are not in the business of thinking that we know better than the
people who maintain the timezone database. I'd suggest taking it up
with the timezone list (tz(at)elsie(dot)nci(dot)nih(dot)gov) if you think this is
correct and not an error on HP's part.