pgpass option is not working with hostaddr parameter

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <m_zabuawala(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "psycopg(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <psycopg(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgpass option is not working with hostaddr parameter
Date: 2017-11-21 06:02:43
Lists: psycopg

Hi,
I'm trying to connect to postgres database server v.10 using latest version of psycopg2(2.7.3.2) + Python3.6.
The issue is that if I use pgpass parameter with host parameter in psycopg2's connect() method I'm able to connect to postgres server properly but with the same pgpass parameter (as well as pgpass file) and if I use the hostaddr parameter instead of host parameter I get error "No pasword supplied"
Is it a bug with psycopg2 or libpq?

Regards,Murtuza Zabuawala