Re: Logging problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw(at)view(dot)net(dot)au>
Subject: Re: Logging problem
Date: 2006-04-19 01:41:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw(at)view(dot)net(dot)au> writes:
> I have installed PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on Macintosh OS X.4. I'm seeing
> this:

> protoaddress=# \q
> could not save history to file "/Users/qdu/.psql_history": Unknown
> error: 0

Yeah, the libedit included in Darwin is almost but not quite compatible
with libreadline. Best bet really is to grab a copy of readline and
rebuild psql with that. (We've been looking at ways to handle Darwin's
code too, but it seems to require ignoring possible errors, which
doesn't sound attractive...)