Re: What's the CURRENT schema ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What's the CURRENT schema ?
Date: 2002-04-04 04:20:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> I can see the content of yamada.vs1 by the command
> select * from vs1
> but there seems to be no way to see the content of
> public.vs1.

PUBLIC is a reserved keyword, so you have to do something like
select * from "public".vs1;
if there is a vs1 hiding it in an earlier namespace in the search
path.

I've been vacillating about whether to choose another name for the
public namespace to avoid the need for quotes here. I can't think
of another good name :-(