Re: 9.2 release schedule

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.2 release schedule
Date: 2012-07-21 17:05:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 21 July 2012 08:08, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>> What are our plans for a 9.2 final release date? If we wait until
>> September 1 to release our first release candidate, we will probably not
>> release final until mid/late September. Is that what we want?

> Personally I had hoped to see an earlier release date than that.

Me too, but we are running out of time ... it's already late July.

I think the immediate goal must be to clear the list of open issues
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.2_Open_Items
and then get another beta out.

It seems unlikely that we could do a beta next week (for one thing,
certain key people are going to be out sailing...) but maybe we could
schedule the next beta for first Monday in August? That gives us
about ten days to get the open issues dealt with before wrapping.