Re: PUBLICATIONS and pg_dump

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PUBLICATIONS and pg_dump
Date: 2017-02-26 19:25:13
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 08/02/17 05:02, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Peter,
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 22:49 Peter Eisentraut
> <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
> <mailto:peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>> wrote:
>
> On 2/7/17 3:19 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I understand that this is a bit complicated, but I would have thought
> > we'd do something similar to what is done for DEFAULT PRIVILEGES,
> where
> > we include the "global" default privileges when we are doing a dump of
> > "everything", but if we're dumping a specific schema then we only
> > include the default privileges directly associated with that schema.
> >
> > Perhaps we need to include publications which are specific to a
> > particular table, but the current logic of, essentially, "always
> include
> > all publications" does not seem to make a lot of sense to me.
>
> I think it would be sensible to refine it along those lines.
>

> Great! I've added it to the open items list for PG10.

Yeah that was oversight in initial patch, publications and their
membership was supposed to be dumped only when table filter is not used.
I mistakenly made it check for data_only instead of using the
selectDumpableObject machinery.

Fix attached.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Don-t-dump-publications-with-pg_dump-t.patch text/x-patch 4.5 KB