Re: Patch attribution and non-ASCII characters

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch attribution and non-ASCII characters
Date: 2006-09-13 23:15:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think the best you could do is post the non-ASCII names here, and have
> affected people post back their names in HTML escaping or something that
> suits the SGML docs.

That's probably the best way to close the loop. I know that when I'm
committing such patches, I tend to copy-n-paste from a mail window to a
shell window, and I'd not venture to guarantee anything about what
encoding the text is in anyway. Sometimes it looks reasonable in the
shell window and sometimes it doesn't ...