Re: libpq on Windows (was [INTERFACES] psqlodbc)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: libpq on Windows (was [INTERFACES] psqlodbc)
Date: 1998-08-02 17:00:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:
> btw, I've only just started looking at the fe/be code, but istm that it
> would be really nice if libpq-fe could fully support the WIN32 interface
> or if psqlodbc could use libpq-fe when on a Unix box.

I would like to see libpq-fe usable by applications running on Windows.
I am not in a position to test it for myself currently, but would gladly
coordinate any work needed.

The current sources are part of the way there --- they are alleged to
compile and work when WIN32 is defined. I am concerned about their
dependence on error printout to stderr, but I already posted a plan
of attack for that. Are there any other issues that need to be taken
care of?