Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>, wieck(at)debis(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.2
Date: 1999-10-01 21:38:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> They we just have to make sure all calls to perror have a colon before
> them.

IIRC, perror is defined to supply the colon for you. But this approach
won't really work unless you want to guarantee that colons never appear
for any other reason in the regress outputs... horology, for one, is
going to have a problem with that...

It does seem that the majority of the platform-specific expected files
we have are for this one issue in int2/int4, so maybe Keith's idea of
substituting the correct error message as a localization string is not a
bad one. We already have all the mechanism for that.