Re: Finalizing commit taking very long

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Giulio Cesare Solaroli" <giulio(dot)cesare(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finalizing commit taking very long
Date: 2007-10-24 14:03:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

"Giulio Cesare Solaroli" <giulio(dot)cesare(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> How can I try to isolate the trigger taking so long, in oder to
> understand which is/are the missing index(es)?

Try SET CONSTRAINTS ALL IMMEDIATE and then EXPLAIN ANALYZE the
delete. This should cause all the triggers to run within the
scope of the EXPLAIN ANALYZE, and you'll be able to see which
one(s) are slow. (This assumes you're running a recent release
of PG; I think EXPLAIN shows trigger times since 8.1 or so.)