Re: Regression - GNUmakefile - pg_usleep

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rocco Altier" <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regression - GNUmakefile - pg_usleep
Date: 2005-07-24 14:46:47
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Rocco Altier" <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com> writes:
> Attached patch fixes the SHLIB_LINK to add pgport now that pg_usleep is
> added.

It seems highly unlikely that this will accomplish anything, given that
SHLIB_LINK is not used to construct regress.so.

> This is needed for AIX to resolve symbols at compile time.

I'm still wondering why that platform has such a hard time finding
symbols that are in the backend.

Probably a better fix is to make the new do_sleep function use
plain old sleep() instead of pg_usleep().