Re: BUG #1831: plperl gives error after reconnect.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1831: plperl gives error after reconnect.
Date: 2005-08-20 05:59:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> You might be on to something there. I just changed line 683 in
> plperl.c to the following:

> count = perl_call_pv((trusted ? "::mksafefunc" : "::mkunsafefunc"),

> My test cases now succeed where they had been failing. But if
> that's the problem, why are your systems behaving differently?

Damifino. I have just found out that the HPPA 5.8.7 no threads
build fails in exactly the way you describe ... and I can't really
get into it with gdb to figure out what's the problem :-(

One thing I see on the HP box is that if "SELECT bar()" fails,
you can do it over and over and it'll fail each time. Until you
call foo directly, and then bar is OK. You didn't mention having
tried that --- same for you, or not?

At this point I have the impression that we may be looking at a Perl
bug. I also suspect that the thread-support point is significant;
though I do not know why.