Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist
Date: 2016-06-13 20:46:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> In practice, we don't yet have the ability for
> parallel-safe paths from subqueries to affect planning at higher query
> levels, but that's because the pathification stuff landed too late in
> the cycle for me to fully react to it.

I wonder if that's not just from confusion between subplans and
subqueries. I don't believe any of the claims made in the comment
adjusted in the patch below (other than "Subplans currently aren't passed
to workers", which is true but irrelevant). Nested Gather nodes is
something that you would need, and already have, a defense for anyway.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
allow-consider-parallel-for-subquery-rte.patch text/x-diff 1.4 KB