Re: Getting rid of warnings

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting rid of warnings
Date: 2007-01-25 16:33:50
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Not sure I understand.
> The header had:
> isort(int4 *a, const int len)
> and the code had
> isort(int4 *a, int len)

Oh, I see. Yeah, that's inconsistent, though my thought would be to
remove the (rather useless) const decoration in the header. I believe
this coding is actually legal per C99, though, precisely because the
version in the header is only decoration --- callers of the function
do not care whether it thinks the parameter value is immutable inside
itself. The one at the function definition site is what counts ...