Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-04-05 14:02:12
Lists: pgsql-docs

Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no> writes:
> I am wondering if we have ever evaluated the use of explanatory diagrams
> in the PostgreSQL documentation.

There actually used to be some. We've moved away from them, I believe,
because of the difficulty of maintenance; which stems mainly from the
lack of any universally-available tools. Unless you can tell me what
you're going to draw the diagram with and how people on Unix, Windows,
or Mac could modify it later, I'm going to not be very interested ...