FSM and VM file

From: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FSM and VM file
Date: 2010-03-02 21:11:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all -

There are lot of FSM and VM files getting generated in the
base directory. Do we need these files and I don't know the reason why these
files are getting generated. I read the documentation, but not able to
follow well. I will read it again. But do we need to keep these files or
there is any process can we run to clean these. Can you please help?

Regards