Re: A varint implementation for PG?

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A varint implementation for PG?
Date: 2024-04-24 20:56:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 05, 2023 at 06:36:15PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> Andres asked me off-list if I could take another look at this.

I'm curious whether there are plans to pick this up again. IMHO it seems
like a generally good idea. AFAICT the newest version of the patch is in a
separate thread [0], which I just wanted to link here for posterity. If
there are no plans, I might give it a try, but otherwise I'm happy to help
review.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/20221004234952.anrguppx5owewb6n%40awork3.anarazel.de

--
Nathan Bossart