Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints
Date: 2024-04-16 18:11:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Apr-15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> - Fourth thought: we do as in the third thought, except we also allow
> DROP CONSTRAINT a constraint that's marked "local, inherited" to be
> simply an inherited constraint (remove its "local" marker).

Here is an initial implementation of what I was thinking. Can you
please give it a try and see if it fixes this problem? At least in my
run of your original test case, it seems to work as expected.

This is still missing some cleanup and additional tests, of course.
Speaking of which, I wonder if I should modify pg16's tests so that they
leave behind tables set up in this way, to immortalize pg_upgrade
testing.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-add-drop-of-not-null-constraints.patch text/x-diff 7.8 KB