Re: Infinite loop in XLogPageRead() on standby

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: cyberdemn(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Infinite loop in XLogPageRead() on standby
Date: 2024-03-11 07:43:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Wed, 6 Mar 2024 11:34:29 +0100, Alexander Kukushkin <cyberdemn(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> Hmm, I think you meant to use wal_segment_size, because 0x100000 is just
> 1MB. As a result, currently it works for you by accident.

Oh, I once saw the fix work, but seems not to be working after some
point. The new issue was a corruption of received WAL records on the
first standby, and it may be related to the setting.

> > Thus, I managed to reproduce precisely the same situation as you
> > described utilizing your script with modifications and some core
> > tweaks, and with the change above, I saw that the behavior was
> > fixed. However, for reasons unclear to me, it shows another issue, and
> > I am running out of time and need more caffeine. I'll continue
> > investigating this tomorrow.
> >

> Thank you for spending your time on it!

You're welcome, but I aplogize for the delay in the work..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center