Re: CI and test improvements

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, samay sharma <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: CI and test improvements
Date: 2024-01-31 10:59:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Jan-31, vignesh C wrote:

> Are we planning to do anything more on this? I was not sure if we
> should move this to next commitfest or return it.

Well, the patches don't apply anymore since .cirrus.tasks.yml has been
created. However, I'm sure we still want [some of] the improvements
to the tests in [1]. I can volunteer to rebase the patches in time for the
March commitfest, if Justin is not available to do so. If you can
please move it forward to the March cf and set it WoA, I'd appreciate
that.

Thanks

[1] https://postgr.es/m/ZA/+mKDX9zWfhD3v(at)telsasoft(dot)com

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Tiene valor aquel que admite que es un cobarde" (Fernandel)