Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15

From: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Sergey Shinderuk <s(dot)shinderuk(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com, er(at)xs4all(dot)nl, joel(at)compiler(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Date: 2024-01-30 19:14:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yep, in this constellation the implementation holds much better (in
terms of memory) in my create/let/drop testing.

I've marked the CF item as ready for committer, but a note for anyone
who would like to pick up it from here -- we're talking about first 5
patches here, up to the memory cleaning after DROP VARIABLE. It doesn't
mean the rest is somehow not worth it, but I believe it's a good first
step.