Re: Hide exposed impl detail of wchar.c

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jubilee Young <workingjubilee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, johncnaylorls(at)gmail(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: Hide exposed impl detail of wchar.c
Date: 2024-01-26 18:14:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 04, 2024 at 04:43:29PM -0600, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 10:39:43PM -0600, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> Alright. The next minor release isn't until February, so I'll let this one
>> sit a little while longer in case anyone objects to back-patching something
>> like this [0].
>>
>> [0] https://postgr.es/m/attachment/152305/move_is_valid_ascii_v2.patch
>
> Barring objections, I plan to commit this and back-patch it to v16 in the
> next few days.

Apologies for the delay. We're getting close to the February release, so I
should probably take care of this one soon...

I see that I was planning on back-patching this to v16, but since
is_valid_ascii() was introduced in v15, I'm wondering if it'd be better to
back-patch it there so that is_valid_ascii() lives in the same file for all
versions where it exists. Thoughts?

--
Nathan Bossart