Re: Enderbury Island disappeared from timezone database

From: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enderbury Island disappeared from timezone database
Date: 2023-10-27 16:19:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

В Fri, 27 Oct 2023 11:17:03 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> пишет:

> Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru> writes:
> > Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> пишет:
> >> Did Ubuntu decide to remove *all* backzone links from their data?
> >> Or just that one? Either way, I think they're going to get a
> >> tsunami of pushback pretty quickly. People like their obsolete
> >> zone names.
>
> > They split tzdata packages into tzdata and tzdata-legacy (just for
> > those who like obsolete zone names), and into latter one gone 121
> > links, not counting "right" subdirectory.
>
> Fun. I bet that breaks more than just Pacific/Enderbury.
> Can you try changing that entry to Pacific/Kanton, and repeat?

I did. No more problems.

I.e. I've invoked

sed -i 's/Enderburry/Kanton/' $prefix/share/timezonesets/*

and rerun tests. No failures.

It seems that Pacific/Enerberry was only one obsolete name which got
its way into abbreviations list.

> And then check the non-Default timezonesets lists too?

Enderbury аppears in two files in the timezonesets - Default
and Pacific.txt.

--
Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>