Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Date: 2023-09-04 11:00:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Looking at your 0001 patch, which adds tests for some of the
information_schema views, I think it's a bad idea to put them in
whatever other regression .sql files; they would be subject to
concurrent changes depending on what other tests are being executed in
the same parallel test. I suggest to put them all in a separate .sql
file, and schedule that to run in the last concurrent group, together
with the tablespace test. This way, it would capture all the objects
left over by other test files.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/