Re: pgbench with libevent?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench with libevent?
Date: 2023-08-14 09:38:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-Aug-13, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> 4. libevent development seems slugish, last bugfix was published 3 years ago, version
> 2.2 has been baking for years, but the development seems lively (+100 contributors).

Ugh, I would stay away from something like that. Would we become
hostage to an undelivering group? No thanks.

On 2023-Aug-14, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Or maybe libuv (used by nodejs?).

> Note: libev had no updates in 8 years.

libev or libuv? No updates in 8 years => dead. No way.

Reworking based on wait events as proposed downthread sounds more
promising.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Siempre hay que alimentar a los dioses, aunque la tierra esté seca" (Orual)