Re: [BUG] Crash on pgbench initialization.

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "Anton A(dot) Melnikov" <aamelnikov(at)inbox(dot)ru>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Crash on pgbench initialization.
Date: 2023-07-25 03:24:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2023-07-24 09:42:44 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > I don't know this code at all, but I hope that this can be solved with
> > just Anton's proposed patch.
>
> Yes, it's just that off-by-one. I need to check if there's a similar bug for
> local / temp table buffers though.

Doesn't appear that way. We *do* fail if there's only 1 remaining buffer, but
we already did before my change (because we also need to pin the fsm). I don't
think that's an issue worth worrying about, if all-1 of local buffers are
pinned, you're going to have problems.

Thanks Anton / Victoria for the report and fix. Pushed.

Greetings,

Andres Freund