Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page
Date: 2023-03-23 13:02:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:35:55 +0100
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:

> As with the <simplelist> patch, we'll need to patch the CSS used in
> the website for the docs too, as that's the most important place
> where docs are visited. See this commit for an example:
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=commitdiff;h=0b89ea0fff28d29ed177c82a274144453e3c7f82
>
> In order to test locally that your patched stylesheet works correctly,
> you'd have to compile the docs with "make html STYLE=website" in the
> doc subdir, and tweak one of the CSS files there (I think it's
> docs-complete.css) so that it references your local copy instead of
> fetching it from the website.

I should have known to put the css in a separate patch.

> I'm not clear on what exactly becomes visible when one hovers over
> what. Can you please share a screenshot?

Attached are 2 screenshots. I don't know why, but for
some reason you can't see the mouse pointer.

"#' shows up when the mouse is anywhere over the html heading element.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 40.5 KB
image/png 40.2 KB