slapd logs to syslog during tests

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: slapd logs to syslog during tests
Date: 2023-03-11 23:37:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On my buildfarm host (for all my animals) I noted that slapd was by far the
biggest contributor to syslog. Even though there's not normally slapd
running. It's of course the slapds started by various tests.

Would anybody mind if I add 'logfile_only' to slapd's config in LdapServer.pm?
That still leaves a few logline, from before the config file parsing, but it's
a lot better than all requests getting logged.

Obviously I also could reconfigure syslog to just filter this stuff, but it
seems that the tests shouldn't spam like that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund