Re: Refactor calculations to use instr_time

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Refactor calculations to use instr_time
Date: 2023-02-20 03:01:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:53:36 +0300, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> Thanks for the review. I updated the patch.

WalUsageAccumDiff(&diff, &pgWalUsage, &prevWalUsage);
- PendingWalStats.wal_records = diff.wal_records;
- PendingWalStats.wal_fpi = diff.wal_fpi;
- PendingWalStats.wal_bytes = diff.wal_bytes;
+ WALSTAT_ACC(wal_records, diff);
+ WALSTAT_ACC(wal_fpi, diff);
+ WALSTAT_ACC(wal_bytes, diff);
+ WALSTAT_ACC(wal_buffers_full, PendingWalStats);

The lifetime of the variable "diff" seems to be longer now. Wouldn't
it be clearer if we renamed it to something more meaningful, like
wal_usage_diff, WalUsageDiff or PendingWalUsage? Along those same
lines, it occurs to me that the new struct should be named
PgStat_PendingWalStats, instead of ..Usage. That change makes the name
of the type and the variable consistent.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center