pg_usleep for multisecond delays

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_usleep for multisecond delays
Date: 2023-02-09 20:59:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just found myself carefully counting the zeros in a call to pg_usleep().
Besides getting my eyes checked, perhaps there should be a wrapper called
pg_ssleep() than can be used for multisecond sleeps. Or maybe the
USECS_PER_SEC macro should be used more widely. I attached a patch for the
former approach. I don't have a strong opinion, but I do think it's worth
improving readability a bit here.

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment Content-Type Size